Roles and Responsibilities: Blockchain development involves developing and optimizing blockchain protocols and crafting the architecture of blockchain systems. A blockchain developer is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a distributed blockchain-based network. They brainstorm and evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continue to grow. They are also responsible for analyzing all requirements and developing the blockchain network for a company based on the business model.
Average sSalary (pPer aAnnum): US$162,288
- Since the blockchain platform is made up of data structures, the developers should be well acquainted with engaging data structure skills promptly.
- Should be adept in cryptography and the essential concepts related to cryptography as it is vital for the proper functioning of the blockchain network.
- They should know how to use smart contracts as it is now used in multiple industries.
- Should have in-depth knowledge about decentralization in blockchain and decentralized applications.
Top 3 Online Courses:
Blockchain Specialization by Coursera: This course covers almost every vital blockchain concept needed to become an expert in the subject. The course is informative and well-structured which makes it ideal for new programmers to learn the concepts of designing, deploying, coding, and executing smart contracts.
Python and the Blockchain Technology by Udemy: Featuring the concepts of both Python and blockchain, this course will help everyone to dive deep and learn about building cryptocurrency using Python and blockchain. The course also assigns real-time assignments to enhance the students’ portfolios.
Berkeley’s Blockchain Fundamentals and Professional Certificate by EdX: This certificate will help students learn about blockchains and their non-technical and technical aspects. It offers an in-depth understanding of blockchain systems and distributed ledger technology. Other aspects like decentralized applications and Bitcoin alternatives are also discussed under this certification.
Top 3 Educational Institutes Offering the Course offering the Course:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT offers over 10 blockchain courses under its Digital Currency Initiative, two of which are free online programs and another is a fintech graduate program. The courses delve into blockchain technology figures in global entrepreneurial opportunities and challenges and focus on creating new ventures.
- Cornell University: Cornell offers two certificate programs on blockchain and fintech. These two programs each have eight courses included in them. Other than that, the university also provides 12 other blockchain courses and 9 fintech courses. Cornell also works with big organizations in the fintech sector to provide seminars and workshops.
- Harvard University: Harvard has partnered with Coursera to provide six online free courses on blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The programs range from beginner courses that introduce blockchain technology to intermediate programs that portray the technology’s various applications. The university also offers a six-week course on fintech that also includes blockchain.
Top 5 Recruiters for This JobRole:
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC): PwC aims at delivering professional advisory services to its clients. The company hires blockchain professionals to comprehend the procedure of adopting blockchain for its clients and implementing the same.
IBM: IBM Blockchain is one of the top platforms used by visionary companies to transform their way of industries. IBM hires skilled professionals who can transform their company using blockchain services and help its clients implement advanced technologies.
Ernst & Young: Ernst & Young Global Limited, is a multinational professional services network that uses blockchain to implement tokens and smart contracts in its business operations and financial ecosystem.
Deloitte: Deloitte helps clients explore every aspect of blockchain and build personalized solutions designed to deliver value. Professionals with deep business knowledge and their global multi-disciplinary model help organizations achieve varying blockchain aspirations.
Accenture: Accenture blockchain and multiparty systems specialize in the supply chain, digital identity, and financial services. The company has built incredible foundational capabilities, confirmed proofs of value, and helped business systems implement the first wave of multiparty systems.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author